FAQ - Boxercise
What is Boxercise?
Boxercise combines boxing and exercise in great fun, stress busting activity to suit everyone who wants to enjoy boxing training without getting hit or the elitism of some so called purists. Boxercise is one of the most effective forms of cross-training available today. It combines use of both aerobic and anaerobic energy systems with the systematic recruitment of both fast and slow twitch muscle fibers in a manner that not only ensures a diverse workout, but also enhances sports specific senses, including hand-eye co-ordination, balance and timing. Boxercise classes are always fun, energetic and addictive.
Do I need previous Boxing experience?
No, we teach you everything you will need to know from punching, foot work. Techniques, holding the pads and circuit work.
How is the Boxercise class structured?
Get Fit sessions vary but all sessions incorporate some of the following, circuits, boxing, and maybe some boxaerobics. But yes each session is structured to a session plan so please ask your trainer any questions at any time.
What are the major advantages of Boxercise?
As well as those already mentioned, Boxercise provides other benefits for both adults and children. Among the transferable skills it gives are;
- Balance improvement by increasing core stability
- It improves functional movement and develops co-ordination particularly hand to eye
- It provides interval and stamina training, which are valuable tools for control of blood pressure for weight loss
- Techniques require concentration, which increases mental agility
- It strengthens tendons and ligaments and improves muscle tone
- It is a great and safe way to release the aggression and stress built up in everyday life
- Increases awareness of others body language, which in turn increases safety
Improves self-discipline and ability to be a team player
It sounds very intense, will I enjoy it?
Although everyone works at their own pace, it is hard work but the enjoyment level is high because the team activities are competitive and fun, plus sessions are very varied and modifies to suite your needs.
Do I need a medical clearance?
It is your responsibility to gain medical clearance to participate. If you are male and over 40, female over 45, have not exercised for two years or more or have a current or recent illness or injury, then you should seek medical clearance to participate.
Making a booking?
Simply contact Get Fit on 0424 45 0424 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you started and help you reach your health and fitness goals sooner rather than later.