Before you hire a personal trainer you should ask the following questions;
- What are your qualifications and certification?
- A qualified personal trainer should have an education in physiology, health promotion, athletic training, kinesiology or a similar field. They should have first aid and CPR certification as well as certification of these qualifications from a reputable organisation
- Do you have liability insurance? They should answer yes
- What are your policies and procedures?
- A personal trainer should have a documented policy explaining their services, costs, cancellations, length of contract, and emergency procedures
- They should also require a medical clearance form to be completed before they work with you
- Finally, you should feel comfortable with the trainer, his/her style of communication and the expectations of your time together
Personal training involves one-on-one training with a trainer who has successfully completed their Certificate III & IV in Fitness. Your session will involve a good warm up, and depending on what you want, can include cardiovascular training (riding, running, boxing, skipping) or weight free training (free weights, body resistance training, pin loaded weights) in addition to nutritional counselling, plus a cool down and stretch. You can also do training with a friend or a couple of friends if you would prefer being in a little group.
Personal training is a fabulous (and proven) way to get re-motivated, upgrade and improve your program, learn new techniques and up-to-date methods of training, have a challenging one-to-one workout, super-charge your regime and get serious results if you have been in a plateau or a rut. It also makes sure you get yourself to the work gym/venue.
If any of the below dot points relate to your way of thinking, then yes a personal training is right for you
- You need extra motivation
- You want to improve your exercise technique
- You want to know what exercises are best for you and your posture
- You want to break out of your current "fitness plateau"
- You want to see results quickly
- You want to lose weight
- You are new to exercise and / or the gym, and need professional guidance
Whenever & where ever you like. We have a team of highly motivating and seriously dedicated trainers who are available to work in with your needs. Do I have to be a member or join a gym? No you don't. We can visit you at your home, meet you for an outdoor session. We will suggest what will best help you achieve your goals best.
Anyone can do it, anyone at all! Many people do have personal training, regardless of their fitness level, size or goals. Your trainer will design a personal program “That’s right for you”, focusing on your level of fitness, ability and according to what you would like and don’t like doing in the gym. You will receive a detailed, printed copy of your program for you to follow when you train.
Many people struggle to stay motivated and disciplined and struggle in their drive to obtain results. Studies have shown that 75% of people who train alone encounter these factors at some point.
Just book in with us for an appointment, it’s as simple as that. You can either have just a one-off session to kick start a new, exciting and different program or buy a pack of 5 sessions or 10 sessions. Just ask one of our trainers for our very reasonable pricing. You will find a session with one of our trainers to be worth every cent for the benefits it brings to your fitness regime and weight loss efforts. Get Fit has Personal Trainers in Hobart, Launceston & Devonport.
Get Fit Tas also offers 5 & 10 Session packs. Please email us for further details.
Note: All locations considered however, if session is to be conducted in a gym there may be additional fees for the hire of floor space. Also duration times are negotiable.